Tuesday, September 16, 2008

From what I've heard so far, it's looking to be a really good album.

So as the avid Ben Folds fan that I am, I am quite looking forward to his new album, Back to Normal. It's not out yet, but there are a couple of tracks that are out, including "Hiroshima (B-B-B-Benny Hit His Head)" and "You Don't Know Me," which features Regina Spektor. From what I've heard so far, it's looking to be a really good album. I really like his duet with Regina Spektor, though - if you have not yet heard it, I strongly recommend it. Also, if you've seen the video, you may have noticed that it was directed by Tim and Eric, of Tim and Eric fame.

Personally, I like Ben Folds' more serious, deeper songs, like "Landed" and "Selfless, Cold, and Composed," so unless he's got a couple of those kinds of songs in there, I won't be satisfied. "Cologne" has me appeased for now, but I'd still like to see more of his more deep, meaningful lyrics in the album.

Also, if you haven't heard his last album, Songs for Silverman, I highly recommend taking a good listen to it. It's one of my favorite albums... Ever.

No comments: