Monday, September 15, 2008

I guess this would be a sort of pilot blog, since I don't exactly know what to put up here yet.

To those of you who have stumbled upon this by accident, I welcome you. I guess this would be a sort of pilot blog, since I don't exactly know what to put up here yet. I was thinking about doing something with my outfits, or talking about fashion in some way, or something along those lines, but really, we'll see where my mind takes me with this idea.

I suppose I should start by telling you about myself. I'm a 5'4" 110 lb twentysomething who's currently in college working towards a bachelor's in computer science. (I'm supposed to be graduating this year, but because of my inability to plan, I won't be doing so.) My interests include anything computer-related, video games (particularly of the role-playing kind), clothes, and badminton. Really, I'd like to play badminton more, but I don't have anyone to play with.

Anyway, I also enjoy messing around on Photoshop and listening to music. I really haven't been using Photoshop as much as I would like to though, so I'm going to get back to doing so hopefully with this blog. As I said, I'm an avid fan of music. It's really hard for me to pinpoint what type of music exactly I like to listen to. I can give you some artists and bands that I like, though, so maybe you can help me figure out how to categorize my music.

So, uh, my favorite artists and/or bands include (but are certainly not limited to):
- Incubus
- Ben Folds
- Death Cab for Cutie
- Jamie Cullum
- Michael Buble
- Frank Sinatra
- The Walkmen
- The Fray
- Smashing Pumpkins
- Vanessa Carlton
- Jack Johnson
- John Mayer
...Etc. etc.

I can say, with quite a bit of confidence, however, that Ben Folds tops the list.

What else can I say... ah, yes. Remember how I told you that I enjoy clothing? Well that means that I like to dress up quite a bit. I can't exactly afford things like from John Varvatos or Brooks Brothers or anything, but I make an honest effort to be as sartorial as I can be. I don't exactly dress like the majority of the people here in the Bay Area (did I mention, by the way, that I'm from the Bay Area? Which Bay Area, however, I shall leave to the imagination), and I take pride in how I dress. So, uh, look forward to me telling you a lot about clothes.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I'm a fan of anime? I mean, I'm not otaku status--I don't have figurines and posters sprawled throughout my room or anything--but I can get pretty into anime I watch. Some of my favorite anime include Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Tenchi Universe.

Heh, I think I'm loosening up a bit here in this blog. That's good. No pictures, yet, though.

Anyway, I think that's all I have for you right now. Again I'm not quite sure what this blog will turn out to be, so look forward to posts regarding any of the aforementioned. So welcome, and I look forward to working with you! =3

No comments: